Eavesdropping on a meeting that took place Monday evening with organizers of the parade told us the following:
- There will be at least 6 floats!
- The Cheder is kicking in with three featurettes: a Marching band, a flag procession & a bike brigade.
- The US Army will be represented with a War Jeep & a delegation of War Veterans!
- The clowns have some major surprise up their sleeves...
- A caravan of 'feature cars' will parade down the boulevard.
- Another performer in the works?!?!
- The jumbo tron is real!!!
- Rabbi Menkes will be 'sailing' in from Simcha Monica with a horse-powered engine!
The rest we were requested not to publish...
But the most intriguing bit of info - before we were escorted out - was a secretive phone call to Crown Heights at 2:30 in the a.m. They gave us their word that we will be the first to know and break the news.
Keep checking back on what's happening at the blog - www.lagbomerla.blogspot.com, for all info. If you are a school or group wanting to attend and reserve seating, and did not do so yet, hurry and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's another shot at the meeting.