Dear Community Members שיחיו,
We are looking forward to greeting you at the Lag B’Omer Parade. To ensure that you are able to make the most of the day, please review the following and communicate this to your families and friends.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE THE EVENT
- The program will be beginning on time (10:00/10:10 a.m.). We encourage you to be on time, to ensure that the program begins “BeRov Am Hadras Melech – In Grand Fashion”, as befitting an L.A. Lag B’Omer Parade.
- The layout up will be different from previous years (please refer to the map below):
a. The parade route will go thru the middle lanes of Pico Blvd.
b. All of the chairs set up facing 770 (BCM) are designated for schools and groups only, with advance reservations.
c. For all adults and children who will be attending the parade not as a part of a group or school, there will be 3 separate ‘standing areas’; one for men, one for women and one for families – all open to the general public (please see attached map for details)
- A security firm has been hired to ensure the safety of everyone. Hatzala and Shmira volunteers will be on hand as well.
- Security officers and the parade staff are there for your safety and ensure the success of the parade; please follow their instructions should they ask or direct you to a different area (i.e. to stand or sit, etc).
- By order of the LAFD and fire marshal, no one is permitted in or along the parade route, except for parade staff, to direct parade proceedings and procession.
- If your child will be participating in the parade as part of a school/group, please contact your principal/group leader for details regarding when and where the group will be meeting, as well as when/where to pick them up following the program.
- Parade ushers will be on hand to escort all groups to their designated seating areas. They can be identified by the ‘Usher’ tags.
THE DAY OF THE EVENT
- Remember to put on sunscreen before arriving.
- If you/your child will be joining a school/group, please make sure to arrive at the designated meeting point on time (contact your principal/group leader for details).
- If you arrive late, and are part of a school/group, you will need to find an usher to direct you to your assigned seating area. Ushers will be wearing ID Tags that say ‘Usher’.
- There will be bottled water for schools and groups.
- The program will begin at 10:00/10:10 a.m. The 20-30 minute program will include:
a. Video of the Rebbe
b. Divrei Bracha
c. 12 Pesukim
d. Thank you to the event Sponsors
- The parade’s procession will begin at 10:30 a.m. and will include:
e. Colorful Floats
f. Cheerful Clowns
g. Marching Bands
- If you will be part of a school or group, please make sure that all members of your group, including all adults remain seated during the entire program and procession, so that everyone behind them can see.
FINALE - SHOW
- The float-procession is expected to end at appx. 11:30 a.m.
- Immediately following the last float in the procession there will be an “Extreme Trampoline Performance”. Everyone must remain seated until the end of the show.
THE GREAT CHILDREN’S MARCH
- We will conclude the Great Parade immediately following the show, by giving all schools and groups a chance to march.
- The children will be marching in front of all of the adults who will be standing right next to the Rebbe’s Bima, ensuring that all schools and groups will march in front of a crowd.
- All groups should remain in their seats; wait for the usher to call upon their group and escort them to the staging area and parade route for their school/group to march.
- Make sure to take all your belongings with you before leaving the parade.
- Following their march, schools and group will proceed to their pre-designated meeting point from where they will dismiss everyone. Please speak to your school/group leader at to these details.
THE GREAT LAG B’OMER OF LOS ANGELS COMMITTEE
5774 - 2014